Flowers and Confetti - Wedding Planner Sorrento

English Italiano

Catholic Ceremonies

The paperwork for a religious wedding must be started through one of the spouses' parishes at least 8-6 months prior to the wedding.

The following documents are required to each of the spouses in order to get married in church:

  • Baptism and confirmation certificates to be issued 6 months before;
  • Mixed marriage application completed if one of the spouses is not Catholic;
  • A Pre-Nuptial Investigation with the letter of freedom;
  • Presentation letter by the Parish priest of your church with the Nulla Osta (NIHIL OBSTAT), which is a non objection attestation by your Bishop with his stamp. It will contain the permission of your priest to get married abroad.

The religious documents must reach the church you are getting married at least 2 months before your wedding date in order to get them stamped at their diocese.

At you arrival in Italy, we will organize a meeting with the priest 3 days prior to the wedding date to discuss details of the ceremony.

If your Catholic wedding is at the same time a civil wedding, a declaration at the town hall must be signed and the legal documents must be completed as well.

Music On Music Off